i. I sort of feel like my mind has become a sieve. My job is part publicist part bureaucrat and no lie, I really just want to do homework.
It's sad when your idea of a lovely evening is when you just have time to do all the homework you would like to do.
Also, last week I rediscovered the internet. I can't even tell you how much better my life has become... I have no idea why but between the immense pressure for work, friends, research, TAing, school, jobs etc (everyone has their own list, right?) I constantly felt like I was on the verge of tears.
Somehow setting aside some time and reading whether is fanfiction or the news (real books have not really come into my life yet... I have a problem putting them down and far too much work!!), but it feels nice to read something non-technical and just let yourself feel? I don't know, it's been a weird time lately.
Let me tell you about these times:
1. I went to a mandatory diversity training wherein the lecturer told the audience they were bad people for celebrating Christmas. As someone who is not Christian even I found it offensive because I'm more of a do what makes you and your family happy person. At the end the lecturer then told us that he was "disappointed in us" for not understanding the point of his talk. For future note,telling people how much they suck is a GREAT way to make people defensive.
2. I am holding a Festival of Meats this weekend as a celebration of my only slightly slightly sketchy food blog (bad photography and recipes from people ranging from strippers to pHd's! It's actually been a very interesting time and I really want to do more with it over breaks). I am also hoping to get a slightly more powerful camera because the city where I live is notoriously cloudy and I like natural light!
3. I am looking for things to do when I graduate next year. So far my list looks like this:
Seemingly impossible: Find job I like and will hire me
Perhaps: Finding a decent position doing something I am interested in
4. Someone attempting to bribe me with $1. I kid you not.
5. Discovered that on Abraham Lincoln's wedding day someone asked him where he was going all fancied up and his response was "To hell, I suppose." I don't know why, but the idea of this makes me laugh:)
ii. I read Brain, Tongue, and Heart
| R | Pepper/Tony/Bruce
Just a lovely quieter fic about feeling restless and having people around you. Funny, touching and weirdly serious all at the same time. I acknowledge that I tend to enjoy different fics based on what mood I'm in and I think I appreciate the human-ness of this fic. People (even supreme awesome people) make mistakes and you deal with them.
I don't know, I'm in a weird mood.
ii. John Green has a youtube channel that I find weirdly hypnotizing (it's great background when you have work to do!). His stories are often hilarious and at the same time has enough depth to it, I don't feel like my brain is rotting!
makes me laugh and it's cute and whatnot:) Also, it's great that he plays FIFA while talking about this stuff.
iii. I really have been enjoying Cup of Jo
! Her blog is a mix of everything and somehow it just works for whatever mood I'm in :)
iii. Hope everyone is doing well :) ♥
Now to do work and read more nonsense (probably about visual system processing!)